new

Sunday, March 11, 2012

6 months later

Can you believe it? It's been over 6 months since we moved. It still feels like yesterday to me. Truthfully, it does not feel like we moved. I feel like I am on vacation and any day now we will be heading back to GA to hang out with our great friends. I miss GA so much but I love our life up here. I love our apartment, I love our neighborhood, I love my job, I love we now have money and finally getting our debt paid down and our savings up (finally got a 401K), I love making new friends, even if we went to a new restaurant every day it would take us years to go to them all, and I love the MD/VA/PA area and all it has to offer for us to do. Things I do not love: we are too far from family and friends, we are too far from the beach (no not that beach, the REAL beach... in FL) and Charleston, visiting is expensive, no good Mexican place (we did find an amazing Chinese place so that is a plus), everyone is all about being in shape so that has motivated me to start working out again (like everyday using Comcast OnDemand (cause I am cheap like that) or walking on the great sidewalks and trails they have in the neighborhood), using my camera (I am trying not to be the crazy camera girl taking pictures every time we get together with friends. These things take time but I have warned them and that camera is coming out soon!) and most importantly... I miss weekends off with Doug. We get a Sunday every now and then but I miss having two full days with him. He is taking off 3 or 4 for his birthday and I could not be more excited. We already have plans for 2 of those days. I can't wait to dust of the camera and post some new pics. It the big 3-0 and I plan on making it a great one! Doug already bought his birthday present... a new TV for his game room. Is it strange that his game TV that is only used for him to play video games on is bigger than the TV in the living room... Just saying...
I can't complain about the winter weather because we were lucky to have a very mild one. Spring is in the air and I am loving the warm up. Me and Auburn have been going on walks trying to soak up as much sun as we can. I can't wait for the pool to open up. My pasty skin is dying for some vit-D.
On the Auburn front, she is doing much better. We go back this week to her vet for a check up. Crossing our fingers the food and antihistamines are working and no allergy tests are needed. We also hope her weight is down so we do not have to cut her food intake anymore. Poor starving puppy!

No comments:

Post a Comment