new

Monday, June 25, 2012

From Heather's Kitchen


Oh yes I did! Well technically my friend Sarah (apparently everywhere I live I have to be friends with someone named Sara/Sarah) did it. She came to my Cinco de Mayo party with these and I was determined to make them. How can I claim Southern Mexican without knowing how to make homemade tortilla chips? So I whipped some up to go with the enchiladas tonight (which I need to post the recipe for).

Fried, homemade, flour tortilla chips

Flour Tortillas
Vegetable Oil

1. Cut tortillas into 6th or 8ths (the ones you see in the picture are 6ths)
2. Heat vegetable oil on medium in a skillet. Pour enough to be about 1 1/2 - 2 inches deep.
3. Drop tortillas into oil and cook until golden brown on both sides

I know! So easy!!
Thanks Sarah for bringing this yummy treat to my house and sharing your recipe with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment