new

Friday, January 18, 2013

Day 2 of long weekend

Today we headed into D.C. to do some shopping. And where is the best place to do that? Wisconsin Ave in Chevy Chase and M Street in Georgetown. My feet are tired from all the shopping, my nose is permanently red from frost bite, but it was so worth it. I needed to get my Tiffany & Co jewelry cleaned so we bopped around Wisconsin Ave (in a previous blog) for a bit. The hot chocolate helped with the morning cold! :) I found lots of stuff I wanted at Tiffany's and in the windows of places I could not afford to put one toe into (Gucci, Jimmy Choo, Louis Vuitton, etc). We then headed down to the Washington Harbor to walk along the river. We made a note to go back when the weather was warmer and we could enjoy being outside more. I also want to go back to ice skate at the outside rink they had! We then walked up Wisconsin Ave to M Street. Now that was a cool street. They have a little bit of everything. I picked up a few shirts, some jewelry, and some cupcakes at D.C. Cupcakes (the famous bakery that has a show in TLC). The half a dozen of cupcakes were $15 but worth every penny. Doug and I split one and I would highly recommend going there. It is worth gaining hundreds of pounds over! Tonight we are ordering pizza and watching tv; resting up for another fun day tomorrow. Stay tuned!

Walking along the river at the Washington Harbor. (Please disregard the thumb. Fail!)




Cupcakes! @ D.C. cupcakes


Getting our shop on at M Street

Lunch at J Pauls on M Street


More shopping on Wisconsin Ave in Georgetown

No comments:

Post a Comment