new

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Shinedown

Last night we went to the private Shinedown concert. Well, more of a meet and greet than a concert but a once in a blue moon chance either way. Doug was really nervous and excited. He was determined to be their BFFs by the end of the day but I had to remind him how creepy they may find his . :) The weather was down right awful so we left really early to account for traffic. Nothing like a few tornado warnings to make people drive like blind, 100 year old, grannies. We got there in plenty of time and then had to wait even longer for the band to do the on-air interview (Listen here) and sound check. Doug could not sit still from his anticipation. They put us and 14 other people in a small break room for the concert. The band came out, talked with us some, played three songs, and then we got to meet them, get autographs, and take a picture with them. Thankfully the security guy came with a pocket full of Sharpies because I totally forgot to bring one. Oops!

Doug was in heaven the entire time. I was a little disappointed only three songs were played but Doug could have cared less. Thankfully they were three of his favorites off the last album. I totally had that "joy from seeing the smile on your child's face" feeling. I have never played one of their songs but I knew all the words from the countless times Doug has played them. After the little tease concert he had me promise him we would go to the full concert when they came in town again. I will probably go broke getting him seats as good as we had yesterday but I think he is worth it. :)









 


No comments:

Post a Comment