new

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Birthday weekend!

Friday night we started off the birthday weekend with a trip Ale House. I love going to new restaurants and this one did not disappoint. Had a great time celebrating with friends. Thanks to all that were able to make it.


I don't normally take pictures of my food but it was so pretty and the picture came out so clear. 


Our friend, Shannon (the one in pink in the picture above), made me the cutest birthday card ever! I have never seen anyone put so much thought and effort into a card to make it so special. I will treasure this one forever!



On Sunday we grilled out. It has become routine that when we grill Auburn gets to come down and have a little "off the leash" time. I try to get her to run around and play but she is usually more interested in the food on the grill or the humans standing around it. Since she just got her hair done, Doug and I scooped her up for a few pictures.



Look at that tongue! Ha!


Finally, the official birthday was here. Unfortunately, it was a long day at work so that didn't leave much time for celebrating. Doug went and got me my favorite Chick-Fil-A salad for dinner and had it waiting on me when I got home a little past 8. Ryan and Doug's mom came over to say happy birthday and eat some of the DQ ice cream cake Doug had stashed in the freezer. They were very excited when I was done eating my dinner. Ha!



For my birthday present, most was the trip to the beach a couple of weekends ago. But Doug insisted I had something to open so he thought really hard and came up with a really good gift. 

He got me Nike Orioles running shorts with a matching Orioles T'shirt that has my favorite player's (aka my boyfran) name on it!

It was a great "29th" birthday and with the 4th days away I plan on continuing the celebrating through the weekend. Thanks to everyone who messaged, texted, or called to wish me a happy birthday. It's people like you that made it special! Love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment