new

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

A day at the beach

Monday Doug was off so I decided to take the day off with him. Unknowingly at the time, Doug's uncle from Wisconsin and his family were on vacation in Ocean City, MD and his parents were driving over to see them. So we hitched a ride to the beach. It was a gorgeous day! The sun was shining and a cool beach breeze was blowing. Unfortunately, someone forgot to tell the Atlantic is was summer. The water was very chilly but we got in anyways (see the great picture Doug got of me below). We ate some lunch, hung out on the beach, and went for a walk down the boardwalk. It was great meeting family that I had never met before. I couldn't tell you half the people I met because there were so many people there but we had a great time with them all. They welcomed us into their rental and made us feel at home. Maybe one day Doug and I will get to spend more than 24 hours at the beach...

Playing in the waves (which were very big!)

Doug being funny, having me pose for a picture and get hammered by a big wave. Remember the cold water! My face tells you exactly how cold it was. Ha!


 Hanging at the beach house.

Strolling down the boardwalk.

This is only a small fraction of the family that were there. 

Relaxing!


No comments:

Post a Comment