new

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Comcast update

So in one of my last post I told yall about the wonderful experience we had getting the cable turned on at the new house. Well the experience got even better a couple of Sundays ago. We had cable, we had all our channels (SEC and HBO being the two most important), but we did not have OnDemand. Well, we did but we didn't have everything like we pay for. So some tv shows I could access and some I couldn't. The tv said it was a subscription issue so, naturally, I called customer service.

Boy was that a mistake! Over two hours later I had been transferred 5 times, been told each time they could not help me (this includes the billing department and technical support), had an appointment set up with a technician (because apparently that is Comcast's solution to everything), and been hung up on once. The farthest I got was with the billing department. They figured the wrong codes had been sent to our box so she attempted to resend them. Unfortunately, she sent the wrong codes and I lost everything. Phone, cable, and internet. Luckily the phone came back on so I could wait another half hour to try to get someone back on the phone! Yay! Best part, the billing lady said technical support should have helped me and was trying to transfer me to someone who could. That is when the phone cut out. Perfect timing...

I was frustrated and out of patience so I took a chance and texted the technician who came out and hooked everything up. He was off but he responded right away and had everything fixed in 20 minutes. The billing lady was right, it was the codes. My question is, how can a technician on his off day fix the issue in 20 minutes when technical support (who has more capabilities than the technician at home does) couldn't?

Then yesterday I came downstairs to hear the cable box making a crazy, I am about to blow up, noise. One quick text to "our technician" and he will be here tomorrow to replace the box. I hope he is ok with us keeping his number for life.

No comments:

Post a Comment