new

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Who takes pictures at funerals?

Answer - MY FAMILY!

How weird is that? They took pictures of the casket, my Grandmother inside the casket, the flowers, and of people standing by the casket. These pictures where taken at the funeral home and at the grave site. I can understand the pictures of the flowers because flowers do not last forever but the rest is just plain oogie. I refused to take part in this family tradition... and yes I said family tradition. It seems that ALL my family like to take pictures at funerals. We found a photo album that belonged to my Grandmother that was nothing but funerals! Caskets, flowers, and bodies!

My question to you is, is this a southern thing? Or is this an old fashion thing? Or is this just a weird thing? I love my family and all but this is not a tradition I would like to continue. And for the ones closest to me who practice this crazy tradition, you can forget about me taking pictures at your funeral and do not even think about doing it at mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment