new

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Cancun for the 21st B'day

A coworker of mine turned 21 about a couple of weeks ago so a few of us decided to take her to Cancun to celebrate... well Cancun Cantina in Glen Burnie. :)
You walk in to a hard wood floor, line dancing bar with cowboy hats and boots. I felt like I was at the Country Club in Augusta but this place was more country. They had a restaurant area off to the side of the main room. Then you walk through a door to black lights, neon decor, and club music. If you keep walking you go directly outside and end up in a sandy, palm tree area with tables, chairs, and a volleyball court. I think it was the strangest place I have ever seen. There were bars everyone, all the girls who worked there were half naked, and you saw a little bit of everything in the crowd (older men/women, country fans, rock fans, and everything in between).
Doug was the only guy in our group but he did not mind. Between the booty short, tied up shirt wearing go go dancers and the tiny shorts, bikini top wearing bar tenders he was quite entertained. I felt overdressed and not the "dressed to fancy" overdressed. The literal I have too much skin covered up overdressed. They had girls walking around with shots and jello shots. Good thing they weren't as pretty as the go go dancers because Doug would have spent all our money! :)
Then to make the place even stranger, a band called "Amish Outlaws" was playing. A band full of guys dressed up like Amish people playing cover songs.  They were good and funny. But never in my wildest dreams would I think I would be jamming out to the Amish Outlaws. Ha!
 All in all it was a great time with great friends. We will definitely have to do it again soon! (Now that I know the dress code I will have to go shopping for appropriate clothing) :) If me and Doug would have went by ourselves we would not have stayed long. But since we went with my two "wild childs", they made it an even better time. And you have to go to there website to see this place. My description just does not do this place justice.




Please note the phrase on the shirt...




No comments:

Post a Comment