new

Saturday, September 15, 2012

From Heather's Kitchen

Today I went in the kitchen looking for something quick to make for lunch before the game came on. Doug was off to work so I wanted to something to feed just me. Last week I bought a cheese grater so I used the Wisconsin block cheese Doug's parents brought us from their last trip there to make a cheese quesadilla.  I have one of those quesadilla cooker things but it makes a huge mess when you use it so I decided to put it on the stove in a skillet. It came out much crispier than the cooker makes it.
So, I am in the kitchen digging through food trying to find something yummy when I spot the grilled leftover steak. I have never made a steak quesadilla before because how many times do you have grilled steak laying around the house. I knew today was the day. I usually brown some ground beef, simmer it with taco seasoning, and add that to the quesadilla. It is good, but my steak one was so much better.
Side note - use a pizza cutter to cut your quesadillas. So much easier and less messy than a knife. 
I am not sure if it was the steak, the Wisconsin cheese, or the skillet crispiness that made it great but it was the best quesadilla I have ever made. Doug was not happy when he saw what I was making. I had to promise him to make it for dinner sometime soon. I wish I took a picture of it before I ate it but I didn't. Yall know what a steak quesadilla looks like so just imagine a picture of one below.

No comments:

Post a Comment