new

Monday, December 24, 2012

The battle has begun!

So as most of you know from my Facebook status post, Doug broke the Christmas commandment. We decided early in November that we would skip the presents again this year and opt for a long weekend trip at the end of January. Well last week Doug informs me that he bought me a few things. I was so not happy with him. He broke the rule and now I felt bad because I had nothing for him to open. Everyone knows I am a gift giver and LOVE buying stuff for others. It brings me so much joy. I usually always go overboard because I love seeing the smiles on the faces of others when I get them something they love. So, I proceeded to yell at Doug for making me feel so bad for not getting him something and for all the hell he was going to put me through going out days before Christmas to find him something. See, he buys everything he wants. EVERYTHING! He bought an Ipod Nano just last week. So I had to think really really hard, which made me even more mad.
Day 1 - I got nothing. Everyone was out of everything. So I went home empty handed and teary eyed.
Day 2 - Windy but some progress. The wind was gusting so bad but I had to get out and try. I got smart and went to bestbuy.com where I could purchase what I wanted and do the in store pickup so I knew the product was there. I got what I wanted there (there is a story behind this but can't tell it right now) and headed a few more places. Best part, I finally got to eat at Wendy's. I never get to go because the one by our house is not the best and the others are a bit of a drive away. So wind gusting, winding road, one hand on my burger, and one hand on the wheel. Yeehaw!
Day 3 - Finished! I did not find everything I wanted on Day 2 so I set out early in the morning to beat the traffic. Macy's was open 24 hours and Kohl's opened at 6 am. I finished my list, grocery shopped, brought Doug doughnuts to work, and made it home by noon in time to put everything up and wrap before football came on. SCORE!
Now Doug is the one who feels bad because I bought him more than he got me and spent more money (which I did on purpose so he could see how I felt when I had nothing for him). So he is going shopping when he gets off today. See, this is why we can't buy presents or we have to establish a budget. It becomes a battle of who can spoil the other the most. (He always wins! :) )

No comments:

Post a Comment