new

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Changes

As those of you who know me or have read my blog know, since we have lived in Maryland Doug has been stuck working those god awful retail hours. The schedule stinks and has left us with very little time together. I will admit I enjoy my lazy weekends and total control over the TV at night but I would much rather have Doug home than not. Especially the nights he closes. Auburn will not lay down and sleep until he is in the bed. She will sit at the edge and bark at every little noise she hears thinking it is Doug coming home. Of course this keeps me up because it makes me paranoid. And the beautiful weekends I have wasted sitting on the couch because I had no one to do anything with is just a darn shame.
Well, words cannot express how thrilled I am to say that is all about to change. Doug applied and was given a new management position at Best Buy. He will be over inventory (receiving) and lost prevention. Starting next Sunday his new work hours will be Sunday - Thursday, 6 am - 2:30 pm! I tear up just thinking about it. He will have every night off and we will have every Saturday off together. Yall, I am so happy! I just can't wait to see my husband every single day. We have not had that since we lived in GA. That is almost two years!! I changed my schedule at work to 7-3:30 so I could have an extra hour with him. I have already planned our first two Saturdays. There has been so much we have wanted to do and now, finally, we have the time to do it. I am ecstatic!

Second news...
As most of yall know, I am heading home this weekend to roll Toomer's corner one last time. Well, that is not entirely true. This Friday I will be attending my Mom's retirement party from Charter Bank. She has worked for them for around 35 years (not sure on the exact number) and is currently the longest employee the company has (even longer than the President of the bank!).  (And please note I did not say oldest. She is still a young lady! Not even a Grandma! :) )She has mixed emotions about it but I hope she is happy. I think she is scared about the decrease in income (her and Dad are big penny savers) and all the extra time. Ha! She is so use to running around doing so much that I think the "nowhere to be" thing is a little frightening. I am sure she will find plenty to do to take up her time but it will still be a huge adjustment.
I am very proud of her and I wish her the best. I hope she gets to relax and take care of herself. She has never had much "me time" so I hope this opportunity gives her the time needed for that. So for those of you that know her, give her a call or send her a card to congratulate her on a hard earned and well deserved retirement. (A few ideas of things to do during the day would not hurt either...) Love you Mom! Can't wait to celebrate with you this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment