new

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Mom's retirement party

I have finally gotten some time to sit down and upload a few pictures from Mom's retirement party. It was a really nice party and I was so happy to be there to celebrate with her. I didn't remember half of the people I saw but they all seemed to remember me. It was great to see everyone show up to celebrate my Mom and her 36 years of dedication.

We had quite the spread. I chowed down on the cheese straws. Hadn't had those since the wedding. And the chocolate covered cupcakes, lets just say I had to fight Dad and Doug for one. Tasty!



They made Mom a picture book of her through the 36 years. There were pens next to it so everyone could sign the book with well wishes. My camera couldn't get a good picture of the pages. :(

Here is the one and only page that came out good. Gotta love those glasses. :)


Insider note: the bank has it's employees wear certain color bank shirts each day. This day was red. We stood out in the crowd. 



Mom and my Dad's dad. We call him Pops!

They are so much alike except one is an introvert and one is an extrovert. Those who know them know they are completely opposite in that aspect.

Mom got tons of cards and gifts. We decided to open the gifts there and do the cards at home. Took her hours that night. 

One of her favorite gifts. 

My favorite gift. :) Maybe she will let me borrow it! I had to explain to her how nice the large Vera Bradley tote was. I said, "This did not come from Wal-Mart." Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment