new

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Birthday money gone!

Last weekend we drove up to Bel Air, MD to go to Kirkland's. Yep, just like Cracker Barrel you have to drive at least an hour to get to one. But I had birthday money and a Cracker Barrel gift card that was burning a hole in my pocket so we had to get out and spend it. :) I scored big with great deals all day long! I got a lamp, set of sconces, and a large framed picture (regular $100, I got for $20!) at Kirklands for about $75. SCORE! Not sure if it unfortunate or fortunate, but one of the sconces is a little messed up (teach me to not open the box and look) so we have to GO BACK and exchange it. I think we will go to the one in Waldorf, MD (southern MD) since we have not been to that area of MD. You know, kill two birds with one stone. Plus there was a few other items I had my eye on that I can go back and get. It's another hour drive but it will make for a good day trip.

After we left Kirklands we headed to Doug's choice... Best Buy. Poor guy never gets to shop at his store because he is still in uniform and everyone keeps asking him for help. We were in desperate need of a new printer so we picked up one of those and a little toy for me. It's a Logitech keyboard for my IPad and it's PURPLE! I love a touch screen but some things (like blogging :) ) come easier with a keyboard. I really like it! It was expensive (could have bought a few pairs of shoes for the retail price) but since Doug gets a discount and all, I approved the purchase.



The next stop on the great deals tour was Victoria Secrets. Here is a picture of me wearing what I got...

NOT!! :)

But I did get some good deals thanks to the reward coupons I get for having a store credit card (totally worth the extra lines on the credit report!).

Doug's Mom had to go buy some gold earrings that were on sale so I took advantage of the sale too and bought some cute earrings. And that ended my burning of hole in pocket because it was all gone! But a great day with Doug & his parents exploring a new part of MD.

No comments:

Post a Comment