new

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Kick Bama Kick

Still in shock of how we won last night but not in shock of us winning. I believed we could win and so did all my Auburn family. I am so proud to be an Auburn Tiger! From the bad, to the ugly, and back I BELIEVE in my Auburn family, my alma mater, and the spirit of Auburn. Going to Auburn was the best decision I ever made (besides Doug of course). I was born in a Crimson family but was Baptized in Orange and Blue. It was in my blood before I knew it was there. Winning brings tears to my eyes but seeing fans celebrate together is the real tearjerker. To see that love for a University shared by so many, that is what separates College football from NFL. And, what separates SEC from all other conferences.

I stuck to my superstitious acts this week. I watched from the couch in my house, had someone there to watch the "big plays" and tell me what happens, and I believed from the start that we could win. I kept screaming at the tv/players to play like they could win because me and thousands of others knew they could. I knew the second was coming back on the clock. I knew we were going into OT and silently wished I had made that drink during halftime... For the last play (the missed FG & 100+ yard return) I was in my bedroom, in the dark, with my ears covered, and prayers in my thoughts (as I superstitiously do for all big plays). I prayed to miss the field goal and go to OT unless they could block it and somehow figure out a way to score. I uncovered my ears and came back in the room when Doug & Ryan told me they missed the field goal and Auburn was trying to run it back. I, honest to God, never thought in a million years we would run it all the way back and win. Even after it was over I kept waiting for the refs to call it back, saying it wasn't legal or there was a flag. It took a few for it to sink in, We Won.... No OT needed, just another miracle on the plains.

I think we had a lot of people "upstairs" watching that game and helping us out. I asked one Bama fan in particular to not help her team out this year. I think she heard my prayer. Especially since I was asking for her to not help the balls Bama kicked go through the goal posts... :) She is a huge Bama fan so I know it was very hard for her not to help. But I think she wanted to see me happy and boy was I ever!

Doug's mom, his boss, and a few friends of mine were texting me to make sure I was ok. I was shaking (not sure from nerves, anger (from bad plays), or excitement), had that nauseous feeling in my tummy, and the feeling of dread (for OT) when there was 1 sec left on the clock. When there was no time left on the clock, I was.... well, shaking, nauseous, and excited. Ha! But it was mixed with overwhelming happiness.

Although there are thousands of videos and pictures on every website, newspaper, or tv, I wanted to post some of my favorites from yesterday. That way I can always look back at this post and remember the "Second Miracle on the Plains".

The day started with College Gameday live from Auburn. They all picked Bama to win but one. Great pick Charles Barkley!!

The students lined up early to get their seats and the University provided hundreds of orange pom-poms. 

Aubie had it right!

The game was great and ended with a bang! Saban insisted on 1 second being put back on the clock so they could try a field goal. 

The clock went to 0....

And they stormed the field!

They celebrated in song, 

They celebrated at the corner!

What a game! War Damn Eagle!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment