new

Friday, November 29, 2013

Turkey Day

This year it was just Doug and I on turkey day. Doug's parents are in Alabama with his grandparents. His grandmother had hip surgery and then a heart attack so she had to have emergency open heart surgery. She is slowly getting better but Doug's parents will be in Alabama for awhile. Doug is leaving Tuesday to go visit. He couldn't get off before and during Thanksgiving so he had to wait.

Since it was just Doug and I, we opted for turkey a la Boston Market.


It was very tasty! And easy cleanup! I did make chicken casserole with green bean and corn casserole for dinner so I did not get completely out of cooking. And my cousin has already signed me up for making dressing when I go home for Christmas. So excited to do some cooking with my Mommy.

Of course Doug was working his wacky retail schedule all week. You would think someone who was sleep deprived and overworked would come straight home and go to bed. Nope, not my husband. He is dedicated. Say hello to his new toy, purchased on Black Friday...



The picture really does not do the size justice. It's huge! 55" in our small living room, I feel like I am on the sidelines of the football games. Ha! Will definitely take some getting use to. But Doug is happy and I don't have to figure out what to get him for Christmas. :)

Hope you had a great Turkey Day! Ours was quite but spent with the person we love!

No comments:

Post a Comment