new

Sunday, April 23, 2017

It's been a while...

It has been a while since I last blogged. And when I say blogged I mean sat and actually typed words. My last posts were mostly just pictures and of course all were of Mason since that is all I have to talk about right now. I am actually hiding in a little nook in the kitchen while Mason destroys the living room just so I can get some words typed. He will make me pay for my lack of attention to him.

And he just said, "I poop, Momma" so be right back...

Ok. Now that his a$$ is no longer dirty & stinky... :)

So, why haven't I blogged lately. Well, besides Mason there has not been much to talk about. What little I have can be summed up in a quick status update on Facebook.

Here is my life:
5:30 am - get up, get ready
7:00 am - drop Mason off at daycare & go to work
5:00 pm (give or take) - get off & pick Mason up
6:00 pm (give or take) - finally get home (gotta love traffic), unpack lunch bags, take Auburn out, and start cooking dinner
6:30 pm - eat dinner, clean up kitchen, & pack lunches
7:00 pm - play with Mason
7:30 pm - give Mason a bath & put him to bed
8:30 pm - watch the O's, catch up on a TV show, say hello to my husband, or pass out

Rinse & repeat. Exciting right?

In a life with little to no time for yourself it is so very hard to take a minute to stare at a computer (especially after you have been doing it for 9+ hours at work) and type some story that is important to you but absolutely not to others. Especially when that time could be spent with your child, husband, asleep, or shaving your legs... And let's not even get me started on the pounds of fat that have taken up residency on my EVERYTHING because I am too exhausted at 8:30 pm or at 4:30 am to get up and work out for an hour.

So why blog?

My main purpose of the blog has always been to give my parents who were not on Facebook and all of my family a  more detailed glimpse into our life without taking up hours of their time on the phone. I love talking to everyone but now and days it is hard to find time to sit down and catch everyone up.

After some time, all my blogs became about Mason because that is all I "did". I figured that is all my family wanted to read about anyways. Then I got to thinking, well who reads this thing anyways? Now that most everyone was on Facebook I could just post quick status updates and pictures of Mason on there.

Well, yesterday was the 2 year anniversary of Mason being put on a ventilator and medivac'ed to Children's Hospital in DC. Of course, the memories pop up on Facebook and the links to the blogs are in there. Reading through them, it reminded me of why I wanted to blog. No offense, but it is not for you. It is for me. I will not remember every day of my life or the small details of the big events. Memories fade and, for some, are lost forever. I take thousands of pictures so that one day I can look back at them and, God willing, remember the story behind the picture. The blog is another way to remind me of all the amazing and horrible days my life has had in it.

Maybe Mason or his wife or his children or their children will read these precious memories one day and will cherish them as I will.

So if you are still out there, reading our memories as we make them, I hope you will find them as beautiful as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment