new

Monday, April 24, 2017

Star Wars Karma

For years I refused to watch Star Wars with Doug. He loves the movies and would ask me all the time to watch them with him. He is the guy that stands in line for hours to see the movies and collects all the "toys". I knew if I said yes he would want to watch them all the time so I said no each time and expressed my disinterest in the movies. For a while it was easier because the movies were not coming out so he asked less.

Well, karma is a b!

Guess who L-O-V-E-S Star Wars!?! MASON!!! He saw Rogue One one time and he was hooked. He sits, in silence, and watches the movies all the way through; he reads his Star books; he knows all the character's names (before he was 2 yrs old!!!); his favorite toys are Star Wars toys; he breathes like Darth Vader; he makes sounds and acts like he is swinging a lightsaber. Just today his teacher said he was playing "Star Wars" and had his lightsaber out at daycare...

So now I get asked, "Watch Star Wars?" or "Star books?" a million times a day. We watch parts of at least one of the movies everyday and we read the books every night before bed. I can say "no" to Doug no problem but even though I tell Mason "no" we somehow end up watching it every day...

No comments:

Post a Comment