new

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Can you smell it?

It's almost that time of year again. Can you smell it? It's right there, within reach. I can see it on the horizon. I can hear it's distant rumbles. It will be here before you know it and I can't wait.

What am I referring to? Well, college football of course! It's only my most favorite time of the year. The temperatures drop, the leaves begin to change color, and every channel on TV has a football game on.

Doug will retreat to his game room to play all the new fall games that come out for X Box and I will take over the living room. From sun up to sun down, every Saturday, for 15 + weeks. It's my little piece of Heaven on Earth!

Last year I missed the first two Saturdays of football due to getting married and being on a honeymoon. I do have pictures of me watching GameDay before the wedding and I did make Doug watch the Alabama game in our hotel on our wedding night. I was not about to miss the entire first day of the season! The year before that we were in airports because we went to Wisconsin. I did manage to catch some of the Auburn game in an airport sports bar thanks to our flight being delayed. I was the only woman in there. Ha!

So this year, to keep the tradition, I will be in an airport the first game of the season. The next Saturday we will still be in Wisconsin so I made Doug promise me he would take me to a sports bar. Hopefully someone will have the Auburn game on since it will be on ESPN.

We are going to try to make it to one Auburn game this year and we have plans with some TN friends to go to the SC vs TN game in Columbia. Doug's Mom is a huge Packer fan so we are going to go see them play in ATL. I am so excited to go to my first NFL game. I could care less who wins or loses but it will be so much fun! I mean, you can drink beer and not get kicked out!

So get ready couch, so long husband, I am ready for some football!!

No comments:

Post a Comment