new

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Happy Birthday Trenton!

This blog is about a week late but it has been a long week! Sara's son, Trenton, had his 1st birthday party last Saturday. Sara did a great job of scheduling the party before the AL vs LSU game. Thank you, Sara! As you may know from reading my other blogs, Trenton has had a rough first year. From surgery immediately after he was born to surgery about a month before his birthday, this boy has been through it. If anyone deserved a huge celebration it was Trenton and his Mom and Dad. They have made it through this year with just as much hope, faith, and positivity as when they first started. No matter what, they never gave up and they are one of the strongest families I know.

Even though Mommy did not want a big party, she had to concede. This little boy had too many people who wanted to him celebrate his first year of life. Sara scheduled the party outside thinking it would be a nice fall day and all the kids could run around and play. Well, it ended up being a cold fall day but the kids still got to play. Trenton had a great time seeing all his family and friends, destroying his first birthday cake, and opening his mound of presents. Sara put me on camera duty since I love taking pictures. She knew I would not miss any detail from that day.

I should have taken a picture of the card I gave to Trenton so I could share it with you all. Sara said she had not planned on keeping his birthday cards. She is not very sentimental so I fought for Trenton's memories. I kept telling her that she did not know what kind of person Trenton was going to become and she may regret not keeping them. So I made sure my card was kept. I wrote "You will never read this card because your Mommy plans on throwing it away, but..." Ha! Needless to say it got a huge laugh from Sara and Wes and the card made the keep pile! Yay!

Happy 1st Birthday Trenton!





Singing Happy Birthday!


Destroying the cake!


Trenton was very interested in every card and gift. Daddy read each card to him and Trenton watched intently has he opened each present.

No comments:

Post a Comment