new

Thursday, November 11, 2010

SC vs TN

A couple of weekends ago Doug and I went with Sara and Wes to the South Carolina versus Tennessee game in Columbia, SC. I am a fan of "The ole' ball coach" and I have wanted to see him coach for awhile now. Sara and Wes are Tennessee fans so I asked them if they wanted to go. I even bought tickets in the TN section. I am such a great friend. It ended up that our seats were right next to the TN band. I mean, reach out and touch a tuba close. The 1st quarter had not started yet and we had heard Rocky Top 5 times. I almost cried.

It was a great game. Both TN and SC played well and they kept us there watching until the 4th quarter. I told Wes either Garcia will suck it up and TN would win or SC and TN would both play well and it would come down to the fourth quarter. Well we got our money worth. Doug and Sara got hot dogs and pretzels, Wes and I got a great game.

I did feel like a fish out of water at the SC stadium. There was no "All I do is Win" or "Welcome to the Jungle", no "Boda Getta" or "War Eagle". I missed my home. I enjoyed the game and the SC fans are very nice. The stadium was nice and the energy was amazing (would have been cooler if we sat near the student section and the band) but it was not Jordan-Hare. I guess I really do bleed orange and blue. War Eagle!










No comments:

Post a Comment