new

Sunday, December 11, 2011

D.C.

Saturday Doug was off so we decided to head down to D.C. to do some exploring. We drove down back roads to keep away from traffic and to see more of the area. Our first stop, Chevy Chase. I needed to get my jewelry cleaned and Chevy Chase has a Tiffany's.

The shopping area is called "The Collection at Chevy Chase" on Wisconsin Ave. Not only did they have a Tiffany's, they had a Dior, Gucci, Jimmy Choo, Lewis Vuitton, Barney's, Saks, and so much more. I got my jewelry cleaned and bought two shirts at GAP... I did do a lot of window shopping and dreaming!
After that we drove through the area and house hunted/looked at houses we could never afford. The area was so nice! The houses are close together but they are old. The people who live in that area do a great job of keeping the houses in good condition. I would love to live in that area but the houses were probably more than what I would make in my lifetime!
Next we headed to College Park to shop at Ikea. I needed one more shelf for the house and who really needs an excuse to go to Ikea?? This one was the biggest I have ever seen. It even had appliances!!
After lunch we could not decide what we wanted to do. It was cold out so we considered doing something inside but we hated not to go to D.C. since we were so close. So off to D.C. we went. It was pretty crowded so we drove around downtown. We got to see the "Occupy Wall-street" people and their tents. Not too many people were there so we figured they were out protesting somewhere. We decided to park by the Potomac River, across from the Jefferson Memorial. It was really cold so we only stopped to take a few pictures.







On the way back we stopped at a shopping center in Bowie. We walked around and I got a couple pair of shoes. (For some reason all my shoes are sandals and hardly any of them cover my feet and keep my toes warm... Ha!)
It was a long day full of a lot of walking but we enjoyed it. I think we may take my parents to D.C. for a day when they come up. Of course I will have the day planned out so they can see everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment