new

Friday, April 6, 2012

A new Vols cheerleader is born

As most of you know, my good friend Sara had her first daughter, Addison, about a month ago. As soon as she told me she was having a girl I started picturing pink, tulle, and bows. Her first child was a boy and while I love him, girls are more fun to buy clothes for. And I much prefer to buy clothes over toys. Cause I mean really... me buy toys... for a kid... Yeah I would have a better chance of picking out the right jock strap than I would picking out the right toy. Everything has to be educational and it seems like all toys now and days are a death trap. Safe today but tomorrow they are issuing an alert on the news for a recall... Anyways, Sara hates pink. Let me rephrase that... Sara despises pink! So of course I wanted to get nothing but pink, frilly outfits for Ms. Addison. I bought her a newborn outfit and a couple of others for later on in year one but I wanted to get her another one that included a cute little tutu. Well, as time went on I got to thinking about how Trenton got a TN jersey with his name on the back of it. I decided that Addison needed something too for football season. I knew what I wanted but I could not find it so I turned to my friend Summer Maddox. She has her own children's clothing business called Baby Love's Sweet Cheeks Children's Boutique. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Baby-Loves-Sweet-Cheeks-Childrens-Boutique/188457387890175 I told her my idea and she was thrilled to make it for me. I wanted something girly (insert tutu), separates so she could wear them if it was cold or warm (insert onesie & pants), and it had to be TN colors.
And this is what she came up with...


Summer did an amazing job bringing my idea to life and she even shipped it straight to Sara for me. I cannot wait to see Ms Addison in her outfit this football season. I know she will be the envy of the baby squad!
Check out Summer's Facebook page for other custom creations!

No comments:

Post a Comment