new

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Step/Round 1

Doug is attempting to quit smoking! I know... I know... Many of us, including me, thought this day would never come. But it has. It did take some "serious" talks, quite a bit of begging on my part, and a few mentions of picking out my next husband... :) I went to Target Saturday, bought him a box of patches, and told him to start using them. Step 1 or what I refer to as Round 1 has officially began. Even though he has the patches he still has the urge to smoke. Partially because of the habit/routine and partially because he prefers to get his nicotine that way. So we bought one of those e-cigarettes. It's "smokeless". Just a mix or water and nicotine. They advertise that they have no toxins and there is no second hand smoke. It will give him the habit/routine without all the harmful side affects. However, he still thinks he can wear the patch and smoke the e-cig all the time since he can "smoke" inside. Insert loooonnnggg siiigggghhh...!!Hopefully he will get in the right mindset and use the patches to kick the nicotine addiction and use the e-cig to wean himself off the habit. Wish him/us luck. He/We are going to need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment