new

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Auburn saves the day... Kind of....

So Saturday I was home and Doug was working. I was in the bedroom dusting when I hear auburn growling and barking in the living room. Since this is a normal, everyday thing I didn't think anything of it and told her to hush it. Well she just got louder so I went into the living room to see what she was carrying on about. I found her standing at the edge of the hallway, barking at the door. I turned to look down the hall to see and hear the door knob jiggling. Now here is the moment when the sane person runs into the bedroom, locks the door, and calls the cops. Me, I run down the hallway towards the door with the dust cloth in my hand and press my body up against the door. Cause, you know, my bulked up body is going to keep the door from opening. Yeah... So as I am holding the door shut I look out the peephole and see a group of people standing outside my door. They stand there for a second and then go down the stairs. I waited for a few moments to make sure they were gone and called the office. Turns out, they hired a new girl and she got lost trying to show a family an apartment. I called doug and asked him if he had locked both the door and the dead bolt when he left and he said yes. When I was at the door, I locked the bottom, door lock. So the door did get opened and what I heard was the new girl locking it back. If it was not for Auburn barking, I would have never known they were there, opened the door, and possibly in the apartment. She got rewarded with treats and lots of loving. New house rule, she can bark all she wants. Better to bark at everything than to not bark at something important.

No comments:

Post a Comment