new

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Doug's birthday

Last Monday it was Doug's 32nd birthday. We didn't do much this year. I took off work, we slept in, and then drove out to west Maryland to eat at Cracker Barrel for lunch. It was a little chilly still but the sun was out so it made a great day for a long drive. For dinner we ate at Bonefish with Ryan. 




I hope the highlight of his day was the homemade ice cream cake I made for him. Got the recipe from a girl at work and Doug loved it. 


It is really easy to make and very interchangeable. For example, you can add any of your favorite ice cream toppings or switch out the syrup for any flavor. And use no sugar added items for a more diabetic friendly cake. I think next time I am going to use flavored ice cream sandwiches (like Neapolitan) and add nuts. If I can find strawberry flavored ice cream sandwiches I would do that with fresh strawberries. Yum! 

What you need:
1 big box ice cream sandwiches
Cool Whip
Hot fudge (I used Hershey's syrup and it came out very yummy)
Any ice cream topping

All you have to do is layer; sandwich, cool whip, fudge. Then stick in the freezer. I was able to take it straight out of the freezer and eat it without having to let it thaw out for a second. Hope you enjoy!

I hope you had a great birthday Doug. Love you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment