new

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Best Sales Pitch Ever!

Sunday I went to Arundel Mills Mall to eat lunch with Doug and get my semi-annual ring cleaning/inspection. Doug dropped me off at the jewelry store and headed back to work so he missed the best sales pitch ever. Too bad, he could have learned a thing or two from the sales lady.

So, since we got the rings I have thought about getting a third band to go on top of the engagement ring. Since my rings were sold as a set, it has been very hard to find a close match to my wedding band. I always look at rings when I get my rings cleaned so I had the sales lady pull a couple out for me. We were discussing how I wanted to find the third band and then have them soldered together. She thought that was a bad idea. She said there may be times when I want to take one or more of them off. She gave examples like when I was bathing my kid, because I might poke them in the eye (because the only time I could accidentally poke my child in the eye with my ring is when they are in the bath...) or when I was having an affair and wanted to hide I was married but still keep one of the bands on so my husband wouldn't get suspicious. REALLY!!! This is how you talk me into buying that third band? We must have missed that customer service class.

No comments:

Post a Comment