new

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Picnic

Wednesday Doug's work had a picnic up in Owings Mills. We had a great time! The weather said cloudy, highs in the 70's. So I wore shorts and a t'shirt because that is perfect summer picnic attire. Well, they got the cloudy part right. It maybe made it into the 60's... maybe... It was foggy, misty, and COLD! I brought a jacket and stood by the grills in an attempt to keep my poor legs warm. I seriously considered sending Doug to the store to get me a blanket.

For lunch we grilled hamburgers, brats, and sausage. His coworkers are some serious cooks. There were marinades, seasonings, sauteed onions and peppers, sauces, and BACON! These men new their way around a grill! There was a little communication breakdown on who was bringing the pasta salad and buns... We ended up with multiple pasta salads. Thank goodness they were all different types and all equally yummy! As for the buns, lets just say we will be eating a lot of toast, sandwiches, and hot dogs in the next few weeks. In typical picnic fashion we had way too much food and I stuffed myself having a bite (or two :) ) of everything.

Once we filled our bellies we hit the field! We had the tools to play just about any sport you could think of. I mean, we even had a croquet set! We ended up playing cornhole, volleyball, and, going a little old school, kickball. We had a blast! It reminded Doug and I how out of shape and non-athletic we are. Ha! I enjoyed playing volleyball. I always enjoyed playing it in PE class or on the beach. Wish I would have stuck with it more.

It was great getting to meet Doug's boss and coworkers. Despite the weather, we had a blast. I hope we get to do it again!





No comments:

Post a Comment