new

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Memorial Day

Doug came back from his trip to Alabama on Sunday so we could spend Memorial Day together. He was exhausted from driving all day so I did not plan a big day. We slept in and then hung around the house. I did have a minor freak out moment when I found a tick crawling in the bed. Thankfully it was in the bed and not on us or Auburn. I made Doug get up and did a thorough check of the bed and the three of us. Luckily there was only one. 

We eventually got in the shower and decided we wanted to go get a table and some chairs so we could grill out and eat outside. I wanted to get a table and chairs that folded so they could be easily stored in the garage when we were done. Unfortunately, that was asking too much. We literally spent all day trying to find folding chairs that were decently priced. We found a nice, basic folding table at Lowe's and I got a cute table cloth to put over it at Wal-Mart. Everywhere we looked had nice folding chairs but they were $30 or more a pop. I was not looking to spend over $100 on 4 folding chairs but I wanted something nicer than the metal ones you can find at any school or church. After searching all day I went home to prep for the cook out and Doug went to Target to see if I may have overlooked something the day before. He came home with 4 basic folding chairs that cost about $25 each. I have not decided if we are keeping them but they got us through the night. 

The weather was perfect for the grill out, the food was yummy, and we had great friends and family to spend the night with. I let Auburn off her leash and she ran around the table getting bites of food from everyone. I think she ate more than all of us. Ha! We are looking forward to many more nights hanging out by the garage. 







No comments:

Post a Comment