new

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

A visit from the grandparents

Two weekends ago Mom and Dad came up to visit. Originally it was to see the new place and us but it turned into seeing how the "host" of their grandbaby was doing. I had grand plans of taking them here and there but the weeks before had taken a lot out of me and I knew I wouldn't last a full day. So we took it easy, did some relaxing, and enjoyed the company.

Our first day we drove over to Ellicott City to eat lunch at the Trolly Stop and do some window shopping downtown. It was a little chilly but mostly a beautiful day to be outside.



That evening we had a pizza party at our house. Doug's Mom and Dad came over and Ryan and Shannon came over to visit. Auburn was in heaven having all of her favorite people under one roof. It was great having everyone there. Ryan and Shannon got a kick out of Mom & Dad's accent. They said mine must have faded some being up here because it was not a thick as theirs. :(

Saturday we went to Downs Park. It was another beautiful day to spend outside so we thought taking them to the park to see the Chesapeake Bay was a perfect way to spend the afternoon. We got some really good pictures of us while we were there and I got to partake in one of my favorite childhood activities.






That night we went to Ram's Head Roadhouse in Annapolis for dinner. We thankfully got a table right away as they were packed with patrons from the Renaissance Festival. We had wanted to take them there but it was the last weekend and knew they would be slammed. Plus I didn't know if I could handle all the walking and "smells". I am glad they got to see some of the "costumes" people wear. The food was good but the service was not great. Poor server had too many tables due to the rush. He was nice and cut our bill in half for all the issues. So that was a plus!

Auburn and my dad are best buds. She loves when he visits because he sits down in the floor and plays with her constantly, will take her out anytime she wants, and sneaks her food from his plate. We had to leave the bedroom door cracked because every morning she would run downstairs to him as soon as she heard him get up. Dad would take her out, feed her (which was amazing!), and play time would commence. I am hoping the extra play and walks counteracted all the "snacks" he gave her. She was S-P-O-I-L-E-D to the Nth degree while they were here. She was quite confused the next few days when Doug and I came back home alone or when Dad wasn't downstairs waiting on her in the morning. I think it took her a few days to recover from their visit. She was exhausted but so willing to forfeit any additional sleep for more play time.

The weekend came and went with a flash. It was great seeing them and I can't wait to see them again soon. Looks like we will be seeing a lot of each other next year. Only grandchild is trumping the hell out of only daughter. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment