new

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

And then week 12 happened...

So I finally started feeling a little normal and I got some energy back. Then this past Sunday the nausea and upset stomach came roaring back. I stayed home Monday because I was not keeping much down and was not feeling good at all. I got up Tuesday, got in the shower, and had full intentions of going to work. I didn't make it out of the shower before I got sick. I kept going and as soon as I was all ready I got sick again. At this point I knew I was not making it to work again.

I woke up Doug and told him I needed something to drink and my nausea meds (which were in the kitchen). At this point the hormones kicked in and I started crying. I was so sick of being sick. Doug came over and sat with me as I had a pity party. We decided to go downstairs together and I planned on taking my meds and going back to bed.

So our house is three floors with two flights in between each floor. We made it down the first flight and when we reached the halfway point I felt the rest of the contents of my stomach coming up. I dropped my stuff and headed quickly down the remaining steps towards the bathroom. Unfortunately, I went a little too quickly.

I slipped, tripped, or something and took a tumble down the steps. Thankfully I went backwards and not forwards. My bottom bounced down each step (about 6+) then I landed in front of the bathroom. I started screaming in pain. My tailbone was on fire, my arms hurt from being too weak to catch and stop myself, and I was pissed. I just laid there and cried. Doug was behind me and it happened so fast he did not have time to grab me. I think he slid down the steps trying to get to me. He cut his hand pretty good on God knows what. He keeps saying I will never be able to get the image of you falling down the steps out of my head.

Once I calmed down and Doug confirmed I didn't hit my back on any of the steps, he moved me to the guest bedroom. We laid there for awhile to catch our breath and calm down. He checked out my bum and thought it looked ok. We had to wait a couple hours for the doctors office to open up. I was in a lot of pain but it was only in my tailbone area. We were so lucky as it could have been so much worse. I guess the sight of the falling was worse than the actual fall.

The doctors said no bleeding and cramping was a good sign and that I should rest and keep an eye on it. I took Tylenol sparingly so it would not make me sick. I would rather be in pain than sick! We kept deliberating on whether we needed to go to my primary care physician. We had an ob appointment scheduled for Wednesday and they didn't think I needed to come in early since there was no trauma to my belly area. We didn't want to get there and have them say we can't do an x-ray because you are pregnant and just treat it as a bruise (which they could do nothing for). So we opted to stay home and rest.

On Wednesday the docs said the baby's heartbeat was strong and everything looked good. I was down another few pounds from all the sickness. I am perfectly ok with loosing almost ten lbs in the first trimester but I have a feeling I am the only one ok with that. Maybe I will start heading in the other direction in the next few weeks. We go back next week to do the nuchal translucency test. They will be able to double check then to make sure everything is still looking good.

So now I am hobbling around, nursing my sore bum and trying to eat as much as I can when I can. I keep waiting for things to get better like everyone swears will happen. After this week I figure it can only get better, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment