new

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Weeks 9 - 11

(Written throughout the past few weeks)

Week 9 and 10 was much of the same; nausea, upset stomach, and exhausted. I started having a good day here and there between the bad ones. A good day consisted of no trips to the bathroom, able to eat a decent meal (still very small in comparison to normal), and able to do a few things around the house. Not much is tasting good at this point and I am not craving anything. I am experiencing the everything sounds disgusting. I have been drinking a lot of lemonade (Vitamin Water Zero and Crystal Light - not the real, sugary stuff) as it seems to be the only thing that taste good. For food, it's still real starchy but fruit has been the best tasting. I have probably ate 3+ pounds of strawberries at this point. So good! One night my dinner consisted of cheese and crackers with strawberries. Meat of any kind and salt are the absolute least appetizing things I can think of.

Week 11 I finally caught a break. The nausea let up and I had a little bit more energy. (Still struggling to make it up the stairs...) There have been little changes to my eating habits. I feel like I have had a bad taste in my mouth for weeks and it is curving my appetite. No matter what I eat, it doesn't taste good or leaves an even worse taste in my mouth. I have been able to eat more so I have been snacking all day. No big meals, just a little here and there. Apples are tasting best now and I have almost completely stopped eating meat. We are trying to think of ways to get protein in me without making me yack. I am finding it very hard to get up in the morning. 8 hours of sleep is not enough. Oddly, Doug says I have "woken up" now. I guess from being so sick it was like I had been sleepwalking for the past few weeks. He said he would talk to me and I would have the glazed over look on my face and then when he asked me something later about the conversation I couldn't answer because I didn't remember the conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment