new

Saturday, November 29, 2014

It's Christmas time at the Nunley's house

This weekend I decorated the house for Christmas for the first time since we have moved to Maryland. The first year we moved up here we were still unpacking and settling in so I was not in the mood to drag out all the Christmas stuff. The next year I thought what was the point. It was just us two, we were not having anyone over for Christmas, and we bought only a few gifts right before Christmas. Our shopping list for family has been whatever will fit in a card and we pretty much just went and bought what we wanted for our gifts. I did pull out a mini tree that is suppose to go outside and decorated it a few days before Christmas. Last year Doug was in Alabama in Nov/Dec, then we were both there for the funeral, and then I went home for Christmas.

So this year with baby on the way, both of us home, and in the new house I finally felt like dragging everything out. Bad thing is, now I have a shopping list of so much stuff we need! This year I have a yard, lots of windows, and three floors to decorate. I have done pretty good in the past by stocking up on stuff in the after Christmas sales. Now I just need to get a few more things to fill up this big house. I will post more pictures when I get everything else on my list and get the outside decorated but here are a few for now.


As you can see, we are in need of an extra stocking. :)




Christmas was always such a magical time of the year at my house. Mom redecorated the entire house (every room, every object, every inch), we hung lights outside, made yummy treats, went shopping for gifts, and we had lots of parties with family and friends. I have so many cherished memories of all my childhood Christmas's. The traditions (Merry-Go-Round, treats, reading the actual Christmas story from the bible, setting up the mini nativity set (my main decorating job), etc), the family time, the excitement. Christmas is always more magical/special when children and family are involved. I think that has been the big reason why we lost the spirit the last few years up here. But now, we have a reason to be excited. I have motivation to get up and make this time of year magical again. I cannot wait until next year when he/she is here to celebrate with us. I hope I can make it as special for him/her every year as my parents did for me.

Thank you Mom and Dad for teaching me the real reason for the season and for giving me so many wonderful Christmas seasons. I love you! Can't wait to keep the traditions going!

No comments:

Post a Comment