new

Thursday, May 14, 2015

Auburn and her little brother

We have been home a week now and Auburn is still adjusting to having Mason at home. For the most part, she doesn't interact with him. She will come up to him and sniff him every now and then but that is about it. She is taking the love from afar relationship route. We are working on developing the relationship by putting him right next to her. I laid his head on her stomach and she didn't react at all. So I am taking that as she didn't hate it. :) I will repeat his name to her when he is right next to her so she can learn his name. I will say, "Give Mommy kisses", have her give me kisses, then say "Give Mason kisses". She knows the first one but is still working on giving Mason kisses. I will even say, "Mommy loves Auburn" (and look at her) then, "Mommy loves Mason" (and look at him). She doesn't act jealous or mean towards him at all. I thought she might come over to us and try to steal our attention when we were holding him or playing with him; however, she just lays close by. I always pet her when I have a free hand. That way she doesn't get less attention than him and knows I care for them both. I am not sure if she is still checking things out or if she has gone into protector mode. She is still sleeping all up on me and that could be because Mason is next to me in the bassinet or her spot in the middle of the bed is now being taken up by the bouncy chair we will put him in to sleep (keeps him propped up which helps with the digestive issues.) When he is close by she will angle herself to where she faces him. She always comes running when he cries. I think she is making sure he is ok but it could be just to inspect what is making all that commotion. I guess we will need a bit longer for them to become best friends. I guess I can try and have Mason give her a treat. That will win her over! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment