new

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Lizard, lizard

So today we walked into the house to find a lizard in our kitchen. Now, any of you that know me well will know I am terrified of lizards. When I was little, Pops use to grab them by the tail and throw them at me when I walked out the back door of their house. So that kinda scared me for life. I am sure they are sweet and innocent and all that but when they are flung at your head they are not cute or friendly. So when I saw our new roommate I freaked the hell out! I can do roaches, ants, spiders (kinda), and all sorts of other critters but lizards and snakes are on the HELL no list. We kinda just stood there at first, still processing that there was a lizard in our kitchen. I screamed and ran to get Mason off the floor. Then we tried to formulate a plan to get the critter outside again. The plan, call someone else to help. :) Doug's dad was luckily not busy so he headed our way.

Thankfully Auburn was at the groomers. I can only imagine what she would have done. If she didn't run upstairs to hide from it she would have ate it. Now that would not be a mess I would want to come home to or clean up. Yuck!

Of course, we had just came from grocery shopping so we had a car load of stuff that needed to be put in the fridge. Unfortunately, the lizard was in between us and the fridge. So Doug brought them in to get them out of the hot car. That left me on lizard duty. He had ran under the stove and my job was to watch and see if he came out and if he did I was suppose to make sure he didn't get out of the kitchen  (ha, like that was going to happen). So I began screaming when he poked his head out from under the fridge. Doug relieved me so I grabbed Mason and ran upstairs.

Within minutes of Doug's dad arriving they had caught the little guy and put him back outside  (on the other side of the parking lot, far away from our house :) ). His dad just picked him up like it was nothing. Uh, makes my skin crawl just thinking about it! What really gets me is, how long was he in the house... When did he sneak in? How did he get in? And what must I burn that he touched? I am going to have nightmares for weeks! And I am going to be on the lookout every second of the day for another one. Eeek!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment