new

Monday, June 8, 2015

Random thoughts

So this is my last week of maternity leave. ALREADY! These 8 weeks have flown by! I just cannot believe it's over. I am thrilled to be going back to work but will miss my little man. By no means has it been the easiest 8 weeks of my life. I would almost say I would not want to ever relive those days but then I would miss out on all the great moments that were scattered throughout. The smiles, the snuggles, the play time. Those minutes were greatly outweighed with tears, screaming, and no sleep but they helped make it all worth it.

Speaking of tears, screaming, and no sleep... Mason has had a rough past few days. He has been so fussy and upset he has been sucking down lots of air. When he eats, you can hear the air going down. We kept giving him the Gripe water but it didn't help. He has been screaming, tooting, and burping for days! Last night we broke down and went to get another gas medicine. Please note this is the third one... This time we chose the classic gas relief drops with Simethicone. So far, it is working. He is much happier today and eating a lot better. We are crossing our fingers this last. If not, I guess we will be looking at food sensitivities and allergies. Boo!

Good news, we have graduated from the 4 ounce bottle to the 9 ounce bottle. Even though his little tummy has been gassy, he has been able to slowly increase how much he is eating. I really hope his belly issues aren't being caused by too much formula. That will open up a can of worms I am not ready for. Unfortunately only time will tell.

With my last off week I have decided to binge watch Entourage. I know I will not be seeing the movie any time soon but it's a great show. I have to work on my sleep schedule if I want to get through the entire show. Sleeping until 1 in the afternoon and going to bed at midnight is not giving me much time to watch. Mason has really thrown off my schedule. I have one week to get to sleep early so I can wake up early. Work hours are flexible but not that flexible. And daycare is not flexible... :)

As most of you saw, Saturday we finally got to do "newborn" pictures with Mason. I hated not being able to do them at the typical 2 weeks old. The tiny baby body curled up in a ball would have been precious. But I was more than happy to trade a healthy baby at home for those pictures. I called the same lady that did our Christmas card / pregnancy announcement photos. We had the photo shoot scheduled a week earlier but a stomach bug hit the house. I was not going to do that to the poor lady so we rescheduled. They were worth the wait. My poor baby was gassy and fussy the entire time but his 7 week old butt was too cute! I have only seen a portion of them but I am in love. The entire family did a great job and we will have some precious photos to cherish forever! I can't wait to get them on my wall!

http://annaschmidtphotography.pixieset.com/babymasonpreview/

http://www.annaschmidtphoto.com

No comments:

Post a Comment