new

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Enjoying the Fall air

We have had some really nice weather these past few weeks. I have been trying to get out and enjoy these beautiful days as much as I can. All four of us like going for walks but it is not always the easiest with a crazy ass dog and a baby. I prefer to take Mason in the stroller but he will sometimes get a little fussy. I think he prefers to see more of what is going on and where we are going. So this past week I popped him in the Bjorn carrier, facing forward, and walked with him and Auburn by myself. It was easier having both hands to control Auburn's "excitement" (seriously, every time she goes outside she acts like it is her first time). Lets just say she will never be my running buddy and I think she is very far from being trained. I am very thankful a majority of my neighbors have or like dogs.

Anyways, Mason was quite content being in the carrier. He could watch Auburn run around and see everything around him. Since last week, we have walked anywhere from half an hour to an hour each night. It is really great with helping him hold out a bit longer for his bedtime feeding. This kid would go to sleep at 7 every night if you let him. Bad part, he wakes up at 2 am hungry. Not cool.

The hard part is beating the setting sun. Sometimes we do not make it back until after sunset. I am fine with it but it gets cool. I am not sure how covered Mason should be if it is 60 degrees out. When we start off with the sun shinning in the low 70's, socks, pants, and a short sleeve onesie is fine. But when the sun sets I am scared his little head and arms will get too cold. I don't want to be that Mom that is secretly being ridiculed by passerby's for not having her child more wrapped up. I don't want him to get sick but he also needs to get a little adjusted to the cold. We don't live in the hot, humid south.

Here are a few pictures from one of our walks. Yeah, a family selfie with a dog and infant is pretty much impossible. Best part, at some point during this walk I dropped the burp cloth. Unfortunately, it was a good, one of my favorite, burp cloths. Of course I didn't realize it until we got back home and it was dark out. Mason was ready to eat but I had to find the burp cloth. Luckily, it was not too far from the house. I am sure I looked funny with him on my belly and me canvasing the neighborhood with a flashlight. Nope, nothing to see here. Just a normal night walk with my baby... :)



No comments:

Post a Comment