new

Sunday, November 15, 2015

Light the Night!

Mason, Doug, and I had so much fun last night participating in the Light the Night walk in downtown Baltimore. I was pleasantly surprised by the number of people who came out in the old to support the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS). People with red lanterns (the majority) were there to support those with the cancer; yellow lanterns were for those walking in memory of someone; white lanterns were survivors and those living with it. It was great walking alongside all of these people. My lantern was yellow and I held it proudly. I know it is not much but I hope we helped make a difference. I know my aunt and grandmother were so proud of us.  I really hope we get to do this again in the years to come.

Mason did amazing. He didn't cry the entire evening and chilled out while we listened to music and walked. He loved the attention he received from my coworkers who walked with us. I enjoyed the city at night. We had great views of the Inner Harbor and the downtown skyline. It was a cool but calm night which made for a nice walk through the city. I think Mason's favorite part was the fireworks. He watched them in amazement. He didn't even flinch from the booms. I think he has definitely got my love  of fireworks!












No comments:

Post a Comment