new

Friday, November 27, 2015

Mason's 1st Thanksgiving

Well, I guess the one thing I can day about Mason's 1st Thanksgiving is that it came and went fast! We didnt do anything special or make a big fuss about it. Doug was working long hours so we slept in and enjoyed as much of the morning in bed as Mason would allow us. We got up around 8, had Wawa for breakfast, then watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. Mason watched a bit but was more interested in playing with his toys or using me as a jungle gym. Around 10 he went down for a nap. I had Doug bring in the trees and some of the decorations from the shed. I figured while Mason napped I could at least get the two trees up. WRONG! The main tree is missing a leg. We have 3 out of 4 but that is just not enough to get her up. So I spent the morning digging all over the house for the 4th leg. I finally gave up and ordered a replacement on Amazon. I really hope it fits. I would hate to buy a brand new tree over 1 stupid leg! Plus I really like our tree. It was cheap, full, and just the right size. Amazon says I should have the replacement next week so hopefully I will get the tree up by next weekend.

Watching the parade


Last year I bought a second tree to go in front of Mason's bedroom window. As soon as I put it up and plugged it in he was overwhelmed with the "I have to touch it" bug. I am thankful he can't crawl yet but I am not sure how much longer that will last.



For lunch, we decided to pick up food at Boston Market. Doug had to work at 3 and it was just us so there was no point in making a big meal. He went to go get it and came home an hour and a half later. Best part, no gravy! Who would want turkey, stuffing (I prefer dressing but am becoming fond of stuffing. Don't hate me too much. I still say yall!), and mashed potatoes on Thanksgiving without gravy?!? So we had a frozen pizza as we got ready. When Doug headed off to work, I broke out the Black Friday ads. My plan was Walmart and Kohls Thursday night and ToysRUs and Target Friday. Well my plan didn't go as... planned.

Playing while Mommy shopped

It's crazy that a year ago I bought Mason's first clothes from Carter's on Black Friday. I continued the tradition again this year, taking advantage of their 60% off everything, doorbusters, and free shipping.

When Mason and I left the house it was dinner time so I figured I would eat at Bob Evans for a nice, "home cooked" meal. They were not busy at all but it took me almost 2 hours to eat and leave. They had 1 server, 1 cook, a hostes, and a manager. That was it! I waited half an hour for a table with only 5-10 tables currently occupied. I didn't mind waiting and the manager told ever person that was seated that he preferred for his employees to be at home with their families instead of there working. It was nice to hear but the wait was awful. To pass the time, me and this older gentleman chatted. He was by himself as his kids and grandkids didn't live in Maryland anymore. I told him he was crazy to stay in Maryland when one son lived in Georgia and another lived in California. He was very nice and I am glad Mason and I were there to keep him company as we waited on our table and food.

Mason's "My First Turkey Day" outfit

Eating dinner at Bob Evans

He gave me a mean look. Apparently he couldn't be bothered to take a selfie.


After dinner I decided to go to Target right across the street rather than drive across town to Walmart and Kohls. It was almost Mason's bedtime so I didn't want to stay out too much later. The only thing I had to get was gravy for our Thanksgiving meal in the fridge. The rest of the time we walked around and enjoyed the holiday atmosphere. It was not crowded so we moved through the store easily. I got him a few things and myself some leggings since they were on sale. The rest was formula and bathroom essentials. I really took advantage of the sales... ha!

Hanging out in the shopping cart at Target

Passed out in the car when we got home.


Friday Doug and I got up and headed to ToysRUs. I had once last gift card from the baby showers and I was holding onto it for Santa presents. Everything I wanted wasn't on sale anywhere. It was a disappointing sale day for me. But we still got some of my must have toys. After that we went to fuel up at Buffalo Wild Wings then to Dicks to take advantage of the sale on Under Armour. After that, we were ready for a nap! So we came home and did just that. Tonight we will watch football and finally eat our Thanksgiving dinner.



We are looking forward to this magical season with our little man. Stay tuned for the fun adventures we get into!

No comments:

Post a Comment