new

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

2 Straws Please

Our date night dinner Sunday night was to Green Turtle. They are a local chain that has a wide variety of food. I was craving crab dip and they have a really good crab melt sandwich. I ordered Mason mac and cheese (which he absolutely loved) and gave him some of the bacon off my sandwich. He has eaten crab dip before but that night he wanted nothing to do with it.

Anyways, his meal like most kids meals comes with a drink. Most restaurants will do a "to go" style plastic kiddie cup with a top and straw or they will serve it in a carton. Here, he got a cup just like mine but mini. It was that hard, green plastic. They put a "to go" style top on it and gave us a straw.

I normally will either pour his water into a sippy cup or I will give him water like a bird. Sorry, I am not sure how to describe it. He will open his mouth and I will use the straw to slowly poor the water in his mouth. For some reason, that night I decided to hand him his cup and see what happened. It was like I was asking for it... I was going to have a soaking wet kid, water all over the floor, and a big mess to clean up.

But he took the cup, put his mouth on the straw, and sucked. I was floored! He has been eating the sucky pouch things but never had he drank from a straw. He did so good. He knew how hard to suck and when to stop when his mouth was full. He got a little dribble on his shirt but that was it. And he knew he had done something special. I was making a big deal about it and he was eating it up. He was so proud of himself. And so was Mommy! So I went the very next day and bought sippy cups with straws and other kid cups with tops and straws.




Still trying to figure out the sippy cup with a straw. He tips it back like a bottle instead of leaving it down.




No comments:

Post a Comment