new

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Fever... out the door

This past weekend was a yucky one in our house. It all started Thursday evening when I noticed Mason was acting a bit odd. He was really tired and almost limp when I put him to bed. He woke up around 11 pm crying but shortly went back to sleep after a little rocking with Mommy. He slept late on Friday morning and was very drowsy. When we got to daycare he stood by me instead of running off to play with his friends. He even cried when I left. It really worried me because he never does that.... like ever! A couple hours later I got a call from daycare saying his temperature was 99 degrees and then shortly after I got another call saying it was over 100 and we had to come get him. Doug picked him up and he slept most of the afternoon.

When I got home from work his fever was down so I got him to eat a little bit and we played until the fever came back. He had no other symptoms and the only time he got fussy was when his fever came back in between his medicine. I started doing a dose every 6 hours of Motrin but quickly changed to every 4 hours, switching back and forth between Tylenol and Motrin.

Saturday was much of the same. Fever, medicine, nap, play, repeat. The highest his fever got was 102.6 on Sunday morning. I called the pediatrician's office and they were not concerned enough to have him come in. He was eating (less than normal), playing, and drinking a lot. You would never know we were fighting a fever until it got over 101. He handled it very well. By Sunday afternoon his fever finally subsided. That evening I took him out for a long walk since he had been cooped up in the house all weekend. He was a very happy boy.

One thing Mason did learn while stuck in the house all weekend...




I guess it's time for the child safety door locks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment