new

Saturday, September 3, 2011

It's time for some football!

I can not believe that football season sneaked up on me this year! Oh yeah, I was moving to Maryland, renting our place in Georgia, and starting a new job... I did not get to get excited or pumped up. I barely even watched the first few games on TV because I was exhausted and already in bed. So today I am trying to make up for it. It is hard for me to sit on the couch and not do ANYTHING but watch tv, but i am trying. If I do anything, I am trying to restrict it to in the living room only stuff or doing it only during commercials. Auburn is not even excited for her first day of football. She has slept all morning! Poor thing is just as exhausted as we are. The biggest thing to get use to is this small tv we have in the living room. The cut out in the living room wall is for a 30 something inch. So our 40 something is now Doug's gaming TV. Plus, the stupid people at Comcast gave us an OLD dvr that does not have HDMI so the picture quality is lower. Yes, I am that much of a dork (thanks to my husband who is probably loving my knowledge of this right now). But it does make a difference. I told Doug we would get the 46" on sale the day after Thanksgiving. However, I am now starting to re-think that date... Who would have thought a year ago that we would be watching the first game of our perfect, National Championship winning football season? It's amazing right!?! I am not sure we can do it again but last year I thought there was no way we would be able to do what we did. Then we saw Cam Newton and our outlook on the season began to change. Who's going to be that "Cam Newton" for their team this year? (Well, on the field without all the pay for play scandal stuff...) I love all the talk and speculation that goes into the preseason and first of the season. It's so much fun. Once the season really kicks into gear you are either loving the season or counting down the days until the next season. So here is to the hype and optimism of the beginning of the season, the trash talk before each game, the breaths held and eyes closed tight, and to the celebration of victory or stabbing pain of defeat. Put your pom poms, your Gameday signs, and your drink of choice in the air. Toast to beginning of the best 5 months of the year. It's time for some football! WAR DAMN EAGLE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment