new

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Almost Charleston but not quite

Today we drove down to Alexandria, VA. We went to the George Washington National Masonic Memorial then went to Old Town to eat lunch and do some shopping. It was a beautiful day again but a little chilly and very windy. The Memorial was super nice and had a lot of George Washington's personal items. We got to go up to the top and go out on the observation deck. If you saw the picture on Facebook you know how well that went for me. Man the wind was gusting up there! The downtown area reminded me a lot of Charleston. It is right on the water (Potomac) and had shopping, restaurants, and parks all lined up on King St. I found a couple of really cute shops that I would love to be able to go to on a regular basis. I hope we get a chance to go back. With all the restaurant choices you could eat there everyday for a week and still not eat everywhere. Today we chose a spot right on the water, at the end of King St, called Chart House. It was really good and the view was very nice. Everyone was drinking at 1 in the afternoon. I felt like we needed to order something to fit in but we resisted. I also got to give a big War Eagle to a guy at a table by us. That just about made my day!

George Washington National Masonic Memorial



The main hall

George Washington's chair 




Old Town Alexandria


Old Town - stuck in traffic just like you are on King St in Charleston


Eating lunch at Chart House

Our view from the table


Some really good ice cream


No comments:

Post a Comment