new

Monday, May 6, 2013

Bar-BAY-Q

Saturday Doug and I met up with Sarah & Ryan and headed to the Bar-BAY-Q Festival. It was advertised to have beer and bbq so we were in. The day was beautiful so of course that means we got a little red. Nothing like a good ole farmers tan! We went out there a little after lunch so we did not eat much in order to completely stuff ourselves with the barbeque (important note to remember). The odd thing was you could not pay for anything with cash or credit. You had to trade your cash in for tokens (think poker chips) and you used those for payment. When we asked what we did with the tokens left over the guy gladly told us we could donate them to some charity. Umm... No... So we ate/drank every last dollar/token we had.

We got a beer and walked around to get a lay of the land. They had a surprisingly wide selection of adult drinks (beer, liquor  and wine) and food other than bbq. Of course they had their crab but they also had the traditional fair foods like funnel cakes, corn dogs, and everything else that is fryable. We started with splitting a bbq sandwich. It was quite tasty. One stand even had a variety of sauces that included the SC style and a Jack Daniels flavor. Now remember that note I made about not eating much before going... well... after a beer and half a sandwich I thought it was a good idea to have a BayBreeze. 1. YUMMY! 2. STRONG I was literally tipsy and we were barely there for an hour. So my buzzed food item choice #2, NACHOS! I wish I would have gotten a picture of them. It was huge! Covered in pulled pork and all the fixens. It took three of us to finish it off.

At this point I stopped drinking and eating but Doug and Ryan kept on. Beer after beer then wings after wings. We played a little corn hole to let our food settle and then went back to spend the last bit of our money. Doug got a crab melt sandwich and it was amazing. Think crab dip and grilled cheese in one. Ryan had fried Oreos for the first time. He was not disappointed.

Normally I would work out over the next few days after eating all that food to counter act the extra calories but I hurt my back. Not real sure when it happened (thanks to the BayBreeze drink) but I think it happened in the porta-potty. You know ladies, your bending all sorts of ways trying not to touch anything... So great Saturday will my hubby and a sore back to remind me of all the fun had.














No comments:

Post a Comment