new

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Baby bump update (week 25)

Today I had another check up and everything is looking good. I am 25 weeks along (measuring closer to 26 weeks). My blood pressure in excellent and I am not having any issues. Baby's heartbeat is strong and he looks great. My last month's doctor said all the rumbling and bumping in my stomach was gas. This month's doctor thinks it is baby. Feels like bunches of air bubbles bouncing around. My stomach even jumps when the "bubbles" pop. Kicking/Rolling or gas... who knows. Either baby likes to dance and kick 24/7 or I need to take an entire box of Gas-X everyday.

We only have a couple "every month" appointments left. After that it is every other week, then every week. Having this kid is becoming a lot of work. :) I have my glucose test next appointment. Will need some prayers as we all know how I love to have my blood drawn. And to top off a great day, I gotta get a shot after that! No fun!

My nausea is completely gone (unless I smell or think of something yucky) and my energy is finally back. I have even been able to work out a little bit. My new addiction is pineapple. I am eating a pineapple a week and going through about 2 bottles of orange/pineapple juice a week. It's sooo good! Still eating more sweets than I would like (chocolate anything and starburst) but I am trying to eat lots of healthy stuff too (veggies, salad, granola, etc). Still no red meet. A little pork every now and then but chicken is still my main protein source.

My belly is really starting to pop out now. It is hard to get use to and it's only going to get bigger. I am still in my regular jeans but I am slowly starting to fit into the maternity stuff. I bought a few tops and a pair of leggings from Old Navy. I like the leggings but they are big in the belly area. I can't wait to wear comfy pants everyday. I am so not going to be the cute dressed pregnant woman. Comfy pants and t'shirts all the way for this mamma!

Showers are being planned and registries are being created. So keep an eye/ear out for your invitation and I will post registry links as soon as they are completed. Baby name will be announced beforehand so all you monogramming lovers out there can have your gifts personalized. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment