new

Monday, December 8, 2014

Brow-Bag Pregnancy Style

The phrase "brown-bagging it" is used when someone buys an alcoholic beverage, leaves the bag (typically brown) over the can/bottle, opens the beverage, and begins to drinking it immediately after purchase. Well since drinking alcohol is typically frowned upon while pregnant, this story involves juice. :) We were grocery shopping Sunday after breakfast and I picked up a 59 oz bottle of Tropicana Orange/Pineapple Juice. I usually mix this juice with rum but the whole pregnancy thing is kinda in the way of that part. I am not sure why but the juice sounded really good. As soon as I put it in the cart I was so excited to get home and have a glass. As we were checking out, Doug grabbed a drink from the little cooler by the register. I don't know why but this made me really thirsty. I could no longer wait until I got home. I patiently (kinda, sorta, not really) waited for the cashier to scan my juice, put it in the bag, and hand it to me. Of course it was one of the last items on the counter! So while Doug finished putting the groceries in the cart and paid, I opened my juice and tipped it up. Of course I left the brown plastic bag over the bottle so they knew it had been paid for. This of course cracked Doug and the cashier up but I didn't care. They made jokes but I kept drinking. It tasted sooo good! I continued drinking on the way to the car and all the way home. I am sure the cars next to us thought I was crazy tipping up a brown-bagged 59 oz bottle at 11 am in the morning. But it was so worth the crazy stares!

No comments:

Post a Comment