new

Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Santa!

Tonight we took Mason to the mall to get his picture taken with Santa. I chose the mall in Columbia as they had better picture packages and prices. I pre-purchased the pictures online so I got 30% off then I made a 6:30-7 pm reservation so I got another $5 off. When we got to the mall we parked right by the entrance where Santa was so we didnt have to walk far. I figured I would just carry Mason into the mall since we didn't plan on shopping or anything else. Ha! Yeah that was a mistake. We almost made it inside when Mason decided to spit up his sweet potatoes all over the both of us... I just knew he would get something on his Santa outfit! We went inside, found a bench, and cleaned up what we could. We then headed towards Santa. Of course, he was on break. Good thing I made a reservation for his break time! We didn't have to wait long thankfully and it gave us a chance to clean up some more.

When I handed Mason over to Santa he didn't fuss, cry, or do anything. He checked him out for a bit then was all smiles. Too bad he only smiled when we were not taking pictures. We got one shot of him smiling but Santa wasn't looking at the camera and was switching Mason from one arm to the other. He did so good and I wish he could have sat with him longer. There was a long line and closing time was approaching so we only got a few minutes with Santa. I think Mason would have sat with him all night. He was so intrigued by the man and his suit, hat, and beard. He was so trusting and comfortable in his arms. It was great to not have "that screaming child"!

All in all it was a successful first trip to see Santa. I can only imagine what next year's photos will look like!




No comments:

Post a Comment