new

Sunday, December 27, 2015

Sick on Christmas

When you are a parent, there is one phone call you dread the most... the daycare/school. As soon as you see that number on your caller ID, your heart drops to your stomach. So when I was sitting at work, the day before Christmas Eve, and I see the daycare's number on my phone, my heart dropped. Mason had been fussy the past couple of nights but I thought he was teething. I thought he was a bit warm the night before but did not take his temperature because he didn't seem to be sick. So when the daycare called and said he had a fever and we had to come get him, I knew what was causing the fever and fussiness. Those darn ears of his are going to be the death of me. They are silent but deadly. Unlike most kids who get a cold or something first which causes the ear infection, he just goes straight to the ear pain. Thankfully his pediatrician was able to get him in that evening so we could confirm the ear infection and get him on some antibiotics. He was quite pitiful and was not a happy camper. It was very stressful for us with Auburn being sick, then him, trying to get everything ready his first Christmas, and getting the house ready for my parents to visit. But we survived and thankfully he was feeling much better on Christmas morning. We kept giving him Ibuprofen to ensure the fever did not come back and to help him not hurt so he could play with his new toys. He slept most of the day so we waited to open up his presents from us until the next day when he was feeling a bit better. The doctor was happy it was not a double ear infection like the previous two times; however, we are on a fast track to an ENT doctor. Especially since he is getting the ear infection first. The next big life event is his first birthday in April. I predict another ear infection before then and another one on the big day... Just our luck...










No comments:

Post a Comment