new

Monday, March 21, 2011

From Heather's Kitchen

This week I have one recipe and 2 new must try items.

My first item is the new Philly Cream Cheese Cooking Creme.


I bought the Santa Fe Blend and made the Tex-Mex Beef & Rice casserole. The creme could easily be a dip on its on. I liked the casserole but it did not have enough spice for my Mexican self. The next time I make it I will substitute Rotel for the diced tomatoes and I will add black beans. The recipe calls for the rice to be cooked but since the tomatoes and corn are not drained you can easily add the rice uncooked to help soak up the liquid.

The creme comes in four flavors and I intend on trying them all. I currently have the original and I am going to make a Cheesy Penne Tomato & Chicken casserole with it. I will let you know how it comes out. You can find tons of recipes for each flavor of creme on Philly's web-site, http://www.kraftbrands.com/philly/products/Pages/all-philadelphia-products.aspx#cooking-creme.

My second new item is Taco Bell Home Original's Sauce. I can not find any information on the internet about the sauces but they come in three flavors. We bought the Chipotle Ranch. The other was something Jalapeno and I can not remember the third one. I found them on a random shelf in the aisle between the clothing and grocery section at Wal-Mart. They come in a squeeze bottle about the size that the small salad dressings are and they are $1.50. I refused to look at the nutritional information because the sauce tasted so good I knew it could not be good for me. Ha!

Ok. Now to the recipe...

Breakfast Casserole
1 roll sausage (cooked & drained)
1 package bacon (cooked & torn into pieces)
1 package frozen potatoes O'Brien (thawed)
2 cups shredded cheese
1 cup Bisquick
2 cups Milk
4 eggs

1. Grease casserole dish and preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Mix Bisquick, milk, and eggs until well blended
3. Pour sausage, bacon, potatoes, and 1 cup of cheese into casserole dish and mix together.
4. Pour the Bisquick mixture over everything.
5. Bake 40 - 45 minutes. Insert knife into middle of casserole. When knife comes out clean, the dish is done.
6. Top with remaining cheese and bake until cheese is melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment