new

Monday, March 28, 2011

Doug's 29th Birthday!

So I have to start this off with a couple of apologies.
I am sorry, Doug, I forgot to take pictures on your birthday when we ate with your parents.
I am sorry, Wes, Sara, & Trenton, that Pizza Joint sucks!

I got Doug a half dozen of his favorite cupcakes from Publix to take to work with him on his birthday Sunday. That night we went out to eat with his parents at T'Bonz. I got a picture of Doug with his cupcakes but for some unknown reason I forgot to take pictures when we were at T'Bonz. I remembered when we got home that evening so I took a picture of us together and then one of him with his birthday present from his parents.







Friday night we went to Pizza Joint with a few of our friends. We got there at 7 and did not get seated until almost 8 even though we were originally told a 15-25 min wait. After that time expired I asked how much longer it would be and that is when they told me they only had one table to accommodate our party of 10 and that it would be another 15 mins! She came over to where we were about 5 mins later and asked if we would be ok sitting at two separate tables! Umm... NO! We are a party of ten. If we wanted to sit separately we would not be there all together. After 45 mins (oh, BTW, everybody that came in after us was already seated. There was no one waiting for a table!)I went back over to the hostess and I must have had a look on my face b/c she said, "I've got my manager working on a table for you." Oops! My bad! The manager just happened to be standing right beside me so I explained what was going on and I asked if they could push two other tables together so we could eat. He responded by saying, "They told me you did not want to do that." Excuse me!?! How dumb are these people! No one ever asked me that and why in the hell would they not have already done it?
Needless to say it still took another hour for us to get our pizza. Wes and Sara had to get there's to go b/c Trenton was done with Pizza Joint. I felt so bad but I hope they had an ok time. I think we had enough drinks and laughs to help outweigh the wait time. Maybe?
Other than Pizza Joint, Doug had a wonderful birthday. He got the headphones he wanted, some shorts from Gap (from me), cash, Best Buy gift cards, and an I-tunes gift card. Thanks to all our great friends for the Birthday wishes and for coming out and celebrating with us. Next year we will do it up big for his 30th! I can't wait!





No comments:

Post a Comment